Home for the Homicides ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Home for the Homicides by Elle Cosimano & Hannah Morrissey
NetGalley About Summary
Genre: Mystery & Thrillers, Romance
Goodreads adds: Christmas, Cozy
I'm adding Humor
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🎉🎊 Overall Storytelling? 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 all categories
- Setting the stage. Atmosphere, Vibe
- Likeable
Characters: Protagonist, Supporting Cast, Extras
- Unlikeable
Antagonist
- Executing
the premise
- Lives
up to the promise
🎣🎏 Did it grab and keep my attention? 🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣
🗣️Would I recommend it to anyone? Yes ➕
🕮 Would I
want a sequel? Yes ➕
Said to be Book 1 in The Holly & Mark Mystery Series. I will definitely keep an eye out for the next one.
📚 Would I want to read more
books by this author? Yes ➕
This book is co-authored.
Elle Cosimano - known for being funny;😅
Hannah Morrissey - known for dark thrillers.💥
It made for an interesting mashup! 👍👍
⚠️💣💥 📢 Content Warnings? Standard Cozy Mystery elements, investigating a DɇaṪh but no graphic details.
🌶️🫑Spice? Google says: 2-3 out of 5. I say the light side of🌶️🌶️
🌪 Plot Twist? Yes. If yes, Predictable? Yes.
👟 Pace? Good
💻 Tidbits ~ I came for the Christmas story and stayed for the murder. Merry Christmas where the M stands for Mysterious Murder and the C stands for Cute and Cozy, but not too Cheesy.
Two rival SBI agents have teamed up as a punishment for their crimes of the past. Not actual crimes, but rather them being caught doing unprofessional things. They aren't exactly enemies even though they are carrying past grudges and secret crushes.
They are sent to "Christmas" to solve a crime. The town has taken on the holiday as an entire personality. Everything and everybody is Merry and Bright and smells like candy canes or pumpkin spice.
A tourist has been found dead and the community is in shock. Nothing bad ever happens in Christmas. The killer must be found prior to their annual Jubilee so everyone can relax and enjoy the festivities. Afterall, it's their annual money maker.
Can they solve the mystery and save Christmas (the town AND the holiday)?
No spoilers here.
This story is told with a narrator watching like it's a Hallmark movie, injecting banter along the way. Totally enjoyable.
Holly and Mark's chemistry? Let's just say there will be fireworks for these two on Christmas Day.
🎧 Narrator: Angela Dawe (story narrator), Patti Murin (Holly), Colin Donnell (Mark) ~ All five star.
Extra Tidbit/Fun Fact: Patti Murin and Colin Donnell are married in real life. 💏
🎧11.18 hours (Listened on: NetGalley) 🕮 336 pages
Not yet published. Expected 10-13-2026
Thank you NetGalley and Macmillan Audio for the free
ALC in exchange for my honest review.
Five Star Highlights
I provided the highlights
Gemini AI provided the background
Comments
Post a Comment