The Mortal Enemy Murder Club ⭐⭐⭐💫

The Mortal Enemy Murder Club 

NetGalley About Summary

Kathryn Hu is not getting into the business of solving murders. Yes, she and her friends Olivia and Elle figured out who killed their cheating ex-boyfriend. But now Kat can get back to her usual, murder-free existence.

Then she gets an unexpected plea for help. Mandy Thorne has ruined countless lives through her revenge podcast. She also did her best to frame the girls. Now, she claims, someone is trying to kill her. And the girls are the only ones who can save her.

But can the trio and Mandy put aside their mutual contempt long enough to prevent a murder and solve this case? Can they become…the Mortal Enemy Murder Club?

Genre: Mystery & Thrillers
Goodreads Added: Cozy Mystery, Adult

The How/Why: NetGalley. The title caught my attention. 

⭐⭐⭐💫 

🎉 Overall Storytelling? 🎉🎉🎉🎉

🎣 Did it grab and keep my attention? 🎣🎣🎣

🗣️Would I recommend it to anyone? Maybe 🤷 If you like Young Adult moving to 20-somethings. 

🕮 Would I want a sequel? No ➖ 

📚 Would I want to read more books by this author? Maybe 🤷

💣💥 📢 Content Warnings? MŪrdɇr, InfïdɇlïtySta⅃Ƙing

🌶 Spice? No spice but a LOT of F-bombs

🌪 Plot Twist? Yes

👟 Pace? Good

💻 Tidbits ~ This is Book 2 to The Ex-Girlfriend Murder Club. It can be read as a standalone, however if you haven't read Ex-GF and plan on it, you might want to read it first because Book 2 starts off with what would be a spoiler when Kat goes to visit the MŪrdɇrer from Book 1 in prison.  

Kat, Olivia, and Elle find themselves teamed up with their "Mortal Enemy", the podcast mean queen Mandy. She thinks someone is out to Ƙ1ℒ her. She has reportedly ruined several lives so narrowing down who could be behind the threats is challenging. Then someone turns up 𖤀ɇɐd. Let the who-done-it shenanigans begin. 

This book is labeled as Adult Fiction however I don't believe I'm the target audience. I found it a bit too immature for what I enjoy in Mystery/Thriller, even when labeled Cozy Mystery.
I based my rating on overall storytelling and the ability to capture my attention, not based on my personal preference of a more adult themed mystery/thriller. 

That being said, it is a high energy story with plenty of laughs. If you enjoy a classic high school style comedy with characters who have entered the 20-something age, complete with girl power friendships, chaotic humor, and campy drama, you'll want to add this one to your TBR.

Favorite Character: Kat's Mom! Packages and advise were top notch and took me from 3 to 3.5 stars. I think she's besties with Vera Wong and Ms. Mebel.

🎧 Narrator: Carolyn Kang - her young voice captured the youthful format of the characters/story.

🎧10.14 hours 🕮 352 pages

Not yet published. Expected 7-28-2026

Thank you NetGalley and Harlequin Audio for the free ALC in exchange for my honest review.

28 and counting


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Women Ran Fifth Avenue *DNF*

Killers of a Certain Age ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Home of the American Circus ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫