Wisteria Island ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wisteria Island by Rachel Hanna
G👀dreads
Genre: Fiction, Contemporary Romance, Chick Lit
The How/Why: I have no idea how this one got on my list but I'm glad it did.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🎉 Overall Storytelling? 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
🎣 Did it grab and keep my attention? 🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣
🗣️Would I recommend it to anyone? Yes ➕
🕮 Would I want a sequel? Yes ➕ It's a series of three and I will venture into the next one.
📚 Would I want to read more books by this author? Yes ➕
💣💥 📢 Content Warnings? No
🌶 Spice? No
🌪 Plot Twist? No but a little deception along the way
👟 Pace? Good
💻 Tidbits ~ Completely adorable. Day one on the island with inappropriate footwear, she had me when she said her "new ankle boots would be flung into the ocean to be worn by a fashionable octopus". <<picture it!
| Image I imagined (created with Gemini AI) |
Danielle is an ICU nurse. After the ultimate humiliation she fled the judgmental hospital staff and sailed right into an environment of judgmental elderly people.
Bennett is the only man on the island not old enough to be on Social Security. He created the Island for the elderly to be safe and comfortable in their Golden Years outside of the traditional facilities for seniors. Oh ya, and he's single...
Danielle is the newest nurse following a long list of nurses who have left the Island. See note above about judgmental elderly people! Each one was quirky in their own way. Some abandoned by their families and others may wish their family would leave them alone. They are flamboyant and eccentric and I fell in love with them right along with her.
This was a cute and fun uplifting story that kept me entertained. I listened to it on an airplane and had several Smile-Out-Loud moments, not wanting to scare the stranger sitting next to me to guess what the crazy lady was laughing about.
No star deductions from me.
🎧 Narrator: Michelle Morgan 👍 **Note: Books 2 and 3 are different narrators. What's up with that?
🎧4.54 hours 🕮 238 pages
Comments
Post a Comment