Pretty as a Peach ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Pretty as a Peach by Grace Helena Walz
NetGalley About Summary
Genre: General Fiction, Romance, Women's Fiction
Goodreads added Chick Lit
The How/Why: NetGalley
⭐⭐⭐✯ 3.75 rounded up to 4
🎉 Overall Storytelling? 🎉🎉🎉🎉
🎣 Did it grab and keep my attention? 🎣🎣🎣🎏
🗣️Would I recommend it to anyone? Yes ➕Great for a getaway vacay
🕮 Would I want a sequel? No ➖ Not necessary.
📚 Would I want to read more books by this author? Yes ➕
💣💥 📢 Content Warnings? Google says Financial Exploitation & Predatory $cams
🌶 Spice? No
🌪 Plot Twist? Yes
👟 Pace? Good
💻 Tidbits ~ Just Peachy.🍑🍑🍑🍑
In a nutshell, or shall I say in a peach pit?
The downside of Multi-Level Marketing.
The upside of supporting small local businesses.
The value of friendship over all else.
When MLM The Peach Pit entices one of the FIVE besties with their overpowering campaign to attract Darlings (sales people), things start to go south. Promises of wealth and beauty turn to financial problems when it's revealed there are Monthly Minimum Purchases to be made, regardless of your sales.
Then one of the Five, who happens to be pregnant, ends up the hospital due to a rash. More reports of rashes and reactions such as lips on fire. How can that be when they are "All Natural Products"? The company refuses to take responsibility for your sensitive nature. Eyebrows have been raised.
I think we all know by now that "all natural" does not mean zero allergens. People are allergic to natural things all the time.
Delilah's sassy elderly retired neighbor Mrs. Chopra teams up with Delilah to help investigate. She signs up to be a Darling. Opps! Forgot to sign the Non Disclosure Statement. 🤷
I deducted one star because the pen pal romance seemed a little out of place with the rest of the storyline. It was cute but felt like a diversion from the heart of the story: female friendships.
This was a sweet read (listen) about friendships mixed with family drama.
🎧 Narrator: Brittany Goodwin 👍
🎧11.11 hours 🕮 384 pages
Not yet published. Expected July 24-2026
Thank you NetGalley and Thomas Nelson and Zondervan Fiction Audio for the free
ALC in exchange for my honest review.
Comments
Post a Comment