The Greek Island ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫
The Greek Island by A.J. McDine
NetGalley About Summary
Genre: Mystery & Thrillers
Goodreads also indicates Psychological Thriller
The How/Why: NetGalley + Greece + Thriller + Eilidh Beaton (great narrator). Need I say more?!
⭐⭐⭐⭐💫
🎉 Overall Storytelling? 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎊
🎣 Did it grab and keep my attention? 🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣
🗣️Would I recommend it to anyone? Yes ➕ Definitely for my thriller loving friends.
🕮 Would I want a sequel? No ➖ Not necessary.
📚 Would I want to read more books by this author? Yes ➕
💣💥 📢 Content Warnings? MŪrdɇr, Alc0h0l Abusɇ, Psych0l0gical Mɐnipulɐti0n.
There's one more but it would be a spoiler so 🤫. I may come back and add it at the end after the book is published and spoilers are revealed by Librarian Google. For now mums the word.
🌶 Spice? No
🌪 Plot Twist? Yes
👟 Pace? Good
💻 Tidbits ~ Oh what a ride! “How do you fancy a week in the sun?” A destination thriller with the haves and one have-not.
Amber and Dominic: The promise of a sun filled Greek Island luxury vacation with the man who adores her quickly turned into a nightmare for Amber, the only one in the group not part of the Wealthy and Judgmental Club.
Amber is already miserable feeling like she doesn’t fit in with the groups' social status. Then she discovers that Dominic’s college friend is his ex (jealous), jewelry has gone missing (is there a thief among them), and then…a 𖤀ɇɐd body is found one morning after a night of too many adult beverages. Add there's MŪrdɇrɇr on the Island to the already stressful situation.
Dominic’s wealthy and obnoxious University friends have plenty of skeletons in their overstuffed closets too.
This story is full of toxic characters as the vacation turned from glamorous to filled with tension.
"The lie comes as easy as breathing"
Note: not yet published so this quote may change.
The author nailed the Greek Island vibe IMO. When Amber was shopping I felt like I was standing next to her while the lady convinced her to buy the necklace of protection. Plus the food had me wondering where the closest Greek restaurant is to me.
Favorite Character: Willow, the teenage daughter of one of the friends. She's a sassy smart-aleck on the exterior but still, I just wanted to give her a (((hug))).
🎧 Narrator: Tamsin Kennard, Eilidh Beaton, Harrie Dobby ~ The trio of narrators were fantastic.
🎧8.35 hours 🕮 343 pages
Not yet published. Expected 5-29-2026
Note from Publisher:
Thank you NetGalley and Bookouture Audio for the free
ALC in exchange for my honest review.
Comments
Post a Comment