The Ending Writes Itself ⭐⭐⭐
The Ending Writes Itself by Evelyn Clarke
G👀dreads About Summary
Genre: Fiction, Mystery, Thriller
I'm adding Satire
The How/Why: Influenced by my mystery/thriller junkies.
Update: Ugh, why do I fall for that?!?! Just kidding, they have influenced my way into some really good ones.
⭐⭐⭐
🎉 Overall Storytelling? 🎉🎉🎉
🎣 Did it grab and keep my attention? 🎣🎣🎣
🗣️Would I recommend it to anyone? No ➖
🕮 Would I want a sequel? No ➖
📚 Would I want to read more books by this author? Maybe 🤷 Evelyn Clarke is a pseudonym for authors V.E. Schwab and Cat Clarke. I haven't read any Schwab yet and it looks like Clarke is mostly YA.
💣💥 📢 Content Warnings? MŪrdɇr, Vi0lɇncɇ & Gorɇ, Alc0h0lism
🌶 Spice? No
🌪 Plot Twist? Not really. Its supposed to be a twist but it wasn't twisty enough for me.
👟 Pace? Uneven - It started slow with character development. I get it, there are a LOT of characters (thus my cheat sheet at the end).
There are like nine Chapter 1's. The second time the narrator said "Chapter 1" I thought I had accidently hit the back button!
I’m lingering in the middle of the road on this one.
Pulling writers from different genres was bound to result in very different endings to the book in progress. Plus their personalities were wildly different, stuck together on the private island.
It does explore the pressure that writers and publishers face with looming deadlines. Desperate times, desperate measures.
I liked the idea of it but in the end I didn’t love it, nor did I hate it. Thus a middle of the road 3 Star.
🎧11.43 hours (Libby) 🕮 343 pages
Extra Tidbits:
Character List Cheat Sheet
Host/Publishing Pros:
Arthur Fletch - world famous mystery novelist - dead.
Eleanor Vanderberg - Fletch's agent.
Rufus Beaumont: Fletch's editor.
Competing Authors and their genres:
Cate Newhouse - A young, inexperienced, 22 year old newbie. Her first and only Murder Mystery remains unsold.
Penny Stonely - Pen name for Sienna Wood Buchanan and Malcolm Buchanan, married husband-wife Thriller duo, career and marriage are on the rocks.
Priscilla Renee Fox - Highly disciplined Romance author, famous for wearing only pink. 💗
Kenzo Gray - Smart, cynical, observant Horror writer. Prefers to work in all black as a night owl.
Jaxon Knight (Oswald Jackson) - A pretentious, gym-bro Sci Fi writer.
Millie Mitchell - A loud, bubbly, enthusiastic YA/Fantasy writer.
Comments
Post a Comment