Into the Blue*DNF*
Into the Blue by Emma Brodie *DNF*
G👀dreads About Summary
Genre: Fiction, Contemporary Romance, Friends to Lovers
The How/Why: Recently published 4-7-2026 and super hyped on SM. (which is a crap shoot for me!)
Plus one of my favs, Julia Whelan.
,-*' ^ '~*-.,_,.-*~ ĎiĐ.,_,. ŇⓄ𝕋.,_,.ŦƗη𝓘ⓢħ ~*-.,_,.-*~' ^ '*-,
I don't rate books that I don't finish, but I will say WHY when I've gone past the 20% mark.
Out at 30%. I had high hopes but just not able to get into this one. So much hype, even as far as some calling it the romance of the year, that I had to check to make sure I had the right book.
The promise of an "epic love story" turned into trauma drama and I found it exhausting. I was expecting more of the happy vibes that people are swooning over, more so than the yo-yo relationship.
Which takes me back to... communication is 🔑🗝⚿
Also, check the trigger warnings. 💣💥 📢 Tɇrmïnɐl & Chr0nïc IllnɇŞŞ, Pɐnïc ȺttɐcƘŞ, Ǥriɇf & LoŞŞ, Aȡȡicti0n & Alc0h0lism.
I wasn't triggered but it was not what I was expecting from the About Summary and all the positive romance reviews.
Additionally there is chat about age gap although not in the TWs. A four year age gab isn't much UNLESS, you're 17 and he's 21. I was a 17 year old girl, I get it from her POV. I don't get it from a 21 year old man's POV. Not an issue 10 years down the road. Anyhow, be forewarned.
TBH Julia Whelan's voice was the only thing that keep me going until I finally said "life is short and my TBR is too long for me to spend anymore time on this one".
🎧 Narrator: Julia Whelan
🎧15.09 hours (Libby) 🕮 448 pages
Comments
Post a Comment