Dolly All The Time ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Dolly All The Time by Annabel Monaghan
G👀dreads About Summary
Genre: Fiction, Contemporary Romance, Fake Dating, Chick Lit
The How/Why: Influenced by the author. I follow her on IG. Added bonus, one of my favorite narrators Julia Whelan.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🎉 Overall Storytelling? 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
💣💥 📢 Content Warnings? Google says: Pɐnïc
ȺttɐcƘŞ, Mɇntal Illnɇss
UPDATE: I say none.
The flat tire situation was highly entertaining. He gets a flat, his phone is dead, and he doesn't know how to change a tire. Dolly ends up changing it for him and their witty banter already hooked me in.
The paparazzi snap a photo and put a spin on it that HE was teaching HER how to change a tire! The media runs with it that rich and famous Stewart, recently publicly dumped by his fiancée, has already moved on with a new flame.
Being single is not a good image for someone in line to take over the family business. Since the media already adores them together, he approaches Dolly with a fake dating deal. Dolly needs the money to save the family home so she agrees. They create a contract, including a non-disclosure statement. What could possibly go wrong?
Have we not watched enough Hallmark movies to know where there is a contract, it will come to light, usually at the most inopportune time?
Dolly: "It's hard to tell if I'm allergic to him or attracted to him, but there's definitely magnets at play."
She tried hard not to fall for him but I felt the magnetic attraction too! And then he had to go and be genuinely thoughtful and caring with her son. That wasn't part of the contract!
At 25% I was feeling like Dolly and Nora (from Nora Goes Off Script) were sisters. Both always being the do-er and the giver.
At 75% when they break up and zero contact between them, I was feeling like they were twins.
BUT - now I think they are only cousins.
The difference with Dolly and Stewart is:
A) It was not over miscommunication. They both knew exactly what exploded. What made it so difficult was Dolly knew they had truly fallen in love.
B) The gap in communication gave them both time to explore what is important in life and what they truly want and need from a relationship. I wasn't mad about it.
With Nora it was a misunderstanding triggered by lack of communication and then back to insta-love. That was not my cup of tea.
I felt Annabel Monaghan built their chemistry in a way that convinced me of their love connection. I was cheering for them. What started as a situation/PR stunt to improve his image and give her the finances to save the family home, it turned out they were good for each other.
Favorite Characters: It's a toss-up between her bestie Naomi and Stewart's Mom Victoria. Honorable mention to her brother Christopher and his sister Busy, and her Dad. I can't pick a favorite. I got emotionally attached to all of them. Well, except previously mentioned you-know-who!
🎧 Narrator: Julia Whelan - always fabulous!
🎧9.10 hours (Libby) 🕮 366 pages
| I created with Gemini AI |

Comments
Post a Comment