Search and Deception by Peter J. Marzano *DNF*
G๐dreads About Summary
Brian O'Sullivan, an art history professor, learns he was adopted after finding letters sent by his birth mother sixty years earlier. Filled with emotion, he decides to find her, hoping Katrina is still alive.
But before Brian begins his search, he is summoned to Europe by his Interpol team to solve an old art theft mystery. Still keeping his role in Interpol a secret from his wife, he heads to Amsterdam and investigates the diary of a Nazi SS officer embossed with the initials "KvR." As Brian's team looks for clues to where the art stolen by the Gestapo may be hidden, it's suggested the diary may have belonged to the Nazi who fell in love with Katrina before the war, Karl von Richter.
The team's search then takes them to old churches and former mosques in Andalusia to look for the hidden paintings. Soon Brian's search to find his mother takes him to Italy and on a harrowing path through anguish, intrigue, and deception and into a dangerous conflict with a previously unknown stepbrother who wants to kill him.
Will Brian's conflict with his wife be resolved? Will her truth be revealed? And what will become of Brian's relationship with Nina?
Genre: Historical Fiction, Mystery, Thriller
The How/Why: ๐คท I have no idea. Probably the rabbit hole looking for a similar title.
,-*' ^ '~*-.,_,.-*~ ฤ๏ฝฤ.,_,. ลⓄ๐.,_,.ลฆฦฮท๐ⓢฤง ~*-.,_,.-*~' ^ '*-,
I don't rate books that I don't finish, but I will say WHY when I've gone past the 20% mark.
๐ป Tidbits ~ @34% UGH.
Surprise Cliffhanger: I just discovered* this book ends on a major cliffhanger AND leaves a guarded secret unsolved.
Left Dangling: Two separate storylines are left dangling and that is a double dealbreaker for me.
Hidden Series: I also just discovered that this is BOOK 2 in a Series of 3.
Missing Information: Nowhere did it say Book 2 in the About Summary, nor did it say The Brian O'Sullivan Series or state there is a sequel.
I feel completely deceived. I'm out!
๐ง Narrator: Caroline Hewitt, Matt Haynes
๐ง10.23 hours (Hoopla) ๐ฎ
312 pages
It's okay to quit. Not all books are for everyone. Some people like to get wrapped up in a series with no ending.Call me crazy but I like when a book has an ending. I want to want a sequel, not feel forced into it. Extra Tidbit, not part of my DNF review.
*My bookish friend Gail saw it was my current book in my BookBlog. She said "I'm only telling you this because I know how much you h.a.t.e it. It not only ends with a cliffhanger but something else happens that is left unsolved".
So I consulted my good friend Librarian Google for spoilers to see what two major things were left hanging. Unforgivable... in the World According to Patti!
LG also said it's a common complaint amount reviewers.
LG referenced Book 1 and Book 3 and asked if I wanted to know more about those two. No thanks.
Comments
Post a Comment