The Fair Weather Friend

Current Book ~ The Fair Weather Friend by Jessie Garcia

That red shape is an open umbrella
(I had to ask!)
Alt cover

Bulgarian

G👀dreads About Summary

SHE HAD NO ENEMIES; ONLY ADORING FANS. AT LEAST, THAT’S WHAT THE HEADLINES READ.

It’s always sunny for Faith Richards. The popular TV meteorologist, endearingly referred to as “The Fair Weather Friend” by her viewers, has the world in the palm of her hand. But one night, Faith leaves work while on a dinner break and never returns. Her body is found the next morning.

The town is reeling, suspects emerge, and long-buried secrets are uncovered. One young intern, who idolized Faith, is doggedly after what could be the story of a lifetime. Who was Faith Richards, really? How could someone so beloved by so many end up murdered...and why? While her fans rally, her list of adversaries grows. A producer. A fellow anchor. An old frenemy. An obsessed viewer. As the investigation goes deeper, the eye of the storm threatens to drag everyone into its relentless grip. There was more to Faith Richards than anyone could have known. And her death is just the beginning.

Genre: Fiction, Mystery, Psychological Thriller, Suspense

The How/Why: 🤷<this guy again. No idea. Probably SM since one of my bookish mystery/thriller friends gave it a five star glowing review.
GR comes in low at 3.37 FWLTW. I don't like to read reviews before I write mine so I asked Librarian Google why. Mostly because they LOVED The Business Trip by this author so they were disappointed that this one isn't as good. 
I'm at an advantage here because I did not listen to that one so my bar isn't set higher based on past experience with the author. 

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 💫 🔅  TBD I start with five and deduct if/when they lose me along the way.

🎉🎊 Overall Storytelling? TBD

  • Setting the stage. Atmosphere, Vibe
  • Likeable Characters: Protagonist, Supporting Cast, Extras
  • Unlikeable Antagonist
  • Executing the premise
  • Lives up to the promise

🎣🎏 Did it grab and keep my attention? TBD

🗣️Would I recommend it to anyone? Yes ➕No ➖Maybe 🤷 TBD

🕮 Would I want a sequel? Yes ➕No ➖ Maybe 🤷 TBD

📚 Would I want to read more books by this author? Yes ➕No ➖ Maybe 🤷 TBD

⚠️💣💥 📢 Content Warnings?

🌶️🫑Spice?

🌪 Plot Twist? TBD if yes, Predictable? 

👟 Pace? TBD

💻 Tidbits ~ TBD

Character Cheat Sheet:

Highlights: TBD

Lowlights: TBD

Favorite Character: TBD

Favorite Quote: TBD

🎧 Narrator: Gail Shalan

🎧10.48 hours (Listened on: NetGalley, Libby or Hoopla) 🕮 313 pages 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Girl in Juniper Springs ⭐⭐⭐⭐

The Personal Librarian ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Killers of a Certain Age ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐